Living with the End in Mind

     Every person has a belief of what happens when we quit breathing and leave this world. Some believe that this is all there is. Most believe there is something beyond this life and look at it from three basic views. The first is that there is more and everything (everyone) will be okay. The second is there is more and I'll be okay because I've done enough "good" in my life. The third view is that I'm not okay and I'm in great need of help.

    I try to live my life with the end in mind. Through my life I've lived with each of the four views. I've lived my life that everyone would be okay. I've lived as though I had to "do" good to be able to spend eternity as I wanted. I've lived as though this was all there was without regard to anyone else and to get all I could. 
    
    After many years of struggling with life and it's purpose, I've discovered that I do truly need help and spent many years trying to find that help. In learning more and more about who God is and his overall plan for each and every individual in the world, I discovered that there was the help that I needed. It wasn't something new - or even something improved. It was God's original plan. His plan is based on His unending knowledge, His immeasurable strength, His unbounded vision, and His great love for us which has no boundaries. He stepped into the boundaries of time in the person of Jesus Christ, freely gave up His life, and paid for the wrongs I've committed, the sins I've will commit and even thought about committing. He even paid for the bad things of the past, present and future that I am not even aware of that I am guilty of.

    If I live my life according to one of the first three choices, I deny what He has done for me- but He gives me that choice. He gives the choice to accept this free gift of everlasting life from He that created life or the choice to continue down the path that leads to destruction.I choose the FREE gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Value of a Wife

Marital Conflict