The Value of a Wife

     Have you ever thought about how much your wife is worth to you? The value of a wife is hard to measure. There is so much about a wife that goes beyond any monetary measure, beyond any measure of time. I don't comprehend the value of such a woman to a man as myself. I would not want to think about where I would be without my wife. She does so much for me. We have been married a little over 28 years and knew each other less than 2 years before that. A question comes to mind, how long would I be willing to wait for such a women knowing what I know now? And a second question, how long as a younger man without the wisdom of the years lived?

    In the Bible, Genesis chapter 29 there is a story of a man that understands the value of a good wife. Jacob first met Rachel and wanted her to be his wife so much that he volunteered to work for her father for 7 years in order to take her as his wife. He understood this value. One problem that came up was she had an older sister and the custom was for the older to marry first. In order to marry Rachel he would end up working another 7 years for her father. He valued this woman so much that he worked 14 years for her father in order to live their life together.
    
    How many men in the world today value their wife this much? How long would you wait for the wife that God has set up for you? I first married when I was 35 years old. I struggled with life through my 20's and first half of my 30's. I couldn't understand why my life wasn't going the way I wanted it to go. I didn't understand that I had some changing to do and God was doing the changing when I allowed Him to. Maybe if I hadn't been so stubborn to change God would have brought my wife to me earlier.

    If you are a young man wanting a good wife and wondering why you haven't found that person, look to God and allow Him to smooth of those rough edges and change you. He has a plan for your life and let Him implement this plan and you put this plan into motion- His plan and not necessarily your plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marital Conflict

Living with the End in Mind