What's next in the New Year

     As I move into the age which most men think about retirement, I'm thinking about that next step in my life. The American in me says quit working and enjoy the rest of your life. The thought of having no purpose other than improving my golf game scares me. I could be content to set back and retire. But I know that content, purpose, and retirement are terms that don't belong in the same sentence. The Christian in me wants to know what I can do next. I would like to think I've made a positive difference in many people's lives. And that would be a good thing. But what if there's something out there that is better- or greater. Do I step up or step back? I know that God has directed the steps I've taken in life. He has let me falter but always provided a better way. At this point in my life (63 years old) I have many decisions to make concerning my (and my wife's) future. Almost exactly 7 years ago I asked God to show me anything I was missing in ways I could serve Him. I've kept doing the things I've been doing and at the same time stayed on the lookout for anything that He may put in my path. 

I've been writing and interested in men's issues for about 15 years. I've been involved with Man In The Mirror ministries for just over 5 years and their desire for every church to disciple every man. This seems to be a overwhelming task .God opened this door and I stepped through and still have this calling on my life to continue. I have no desire to retire and set back and relax. I do have time to relax but setting back is not in me at this time. I pray that God continues to supply me with the strength to follow this road that He has put before me. 

     I have much to learn and know that God will lead me in the future and I want to be a servant that follows His direction without hesitation.

Psalm 25:4-5
Make me to know your ways, O LORD;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Value of a Wife

Marital Conflict

Living with the End in Mind